This recipe makes 6 large sausage rolls.
We would love to hear how your Pork and Apricot Sausage Rolls turns out, let us know at: [email protected]
1 pack of puff pastry
1 tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove
1 tbsp freshly chopped sage
500g sausage meat
15g dried apricots, roughly chopped
1 Cox apple, grated
1 tsp fennel seed
1. Heat the olive oil in a medium sized pan on a low heat and gently fry the shallots and garlic for 10 minutes.
2. Stir through the sage and cook for a further 2 minutes.
3. Set aside to cool slightly.
4. Empty the sausage meat into a large mixing bowl and add the shallots, apricots and grated apple. Season well and mix until well combined.
5. Remove the chilled pastry from the fridge and roll, on a floured surface, to a large rectangle.
6. Trim the sides to 23cm x 30cm and then divide the pastry into two long lengths, each 35cm x 15cm.
7. Divide the sausage meat in two and shape into two long ‘sausages’.
8. Place in the centre of each pastry length and brush the edges of the pastry with a little beaten egg.
9. Fold the pastry over the sausage meat to cover, trim with a sharp knife and cut each length of pastry into 3. There should be 6 sausage rolls in total.
10. Gently press the join of the pastry with a fork to secure.
11. Place the sausage rolls on waxed paper on a baking sheet and brush with beaten egg.
12. Put in the fridge for 15 minutes to chill completely.
13. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
14.Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with fennel seeds and cook for 20–25 minutes until puffed up and golden brown.
15. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving.
Apr 28th 2022
Nov 22nd 2021
Nov 22nd 2021
Oct 26th 2021
Truro School is part of the Methodist Independent Schools Trust (MIST)
MIST Registered Office: 66 Lincoln’s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3LH
Charity No. 1142794
Company No. 7649422