Ways of Giving

Truro School Foundation – Charity number: 1070969

Every gift, no matter how big or small, will have a life-changing effect on a child for whom a bursary might be the only way of accessing a Truro School education.

Giving a one-off gift will make an immediate impact to our bursary fundraising, whereas a regular gift, whether monthly or annually, can help allow the School to plan for the future.

Remembering Truro School Foundation in your Will is one of the most impactful ways of supporting Truro School’s mission of increasing the number of our transformational bursaries.

“Together, we can make a world of difference.”

Schedule a call

Let us know how to get back to you.

Donate Online

Regular gifts can be made by Direct Debit on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis. Please click on the Donate Online link to set up your regular, or one-off, gift.  You can make a one-off donation using a credit or debit card.

Leaving a Gift in Your Will

Truro School Foundation is a registered charity (charity number: 1070969) and accordingly, all legacy gifts made to the Foundation are exempt from UK Inheritance and Capital Gains Taxes. Under current rules, if you leave 10% or more of your chargeable net estate to charity, the Inheritance Tax (IHT) rate on the whole of your taxable estate is reduced from 40% to 36%.  You can read some useful general information about types of legacies here.

Did you know that you can leave just 1% of your estates value to Truro School Foundation in your Will, leaving the remaining 99% to the people you hold closest. You can of course leave more if you wish to.

If you wish to leave a legacy please complete the form available to download here.

Standing Order

You can also make a regular gift by standing order.  To set up a standing order please download our Donation Form.

Please note that Truro School cannot process payments from American Express.

Donate by Cheque

If you would like to donate by cheque you can do so by downloading and completing the Donation Form. Please make your cheque payable to the Truro School Foundation Ltd”.

Matched Giving

Many companies help charities through a matched giving scheme.  Some will match pound for pound, and others will double match any donations which its employees make to registered charities.  Please check with your Payroll or HR department as to whether your company do operate such a scheme as this could make your donation worth even more.

Celebration Garden

The Celebration Garden has been created by the Foundation as a space to celebrate all that our community has to offer. Your gift will go towards life-changing bursaries for future recipients, so that in turn, they can celebrate our community. Find out more here.

Shares and Securities

Individuals can obtain a double form of tax relief by donating gifts of equities.  The market value of the gift can be offset against any income tax liability and in addition the gift would be exempt from any liability of Capital Gains Tax.


Truro School Foundation can accept gifts of assets, such as property or land, which are not subject to Capital Gains Tax or Capital Transfer Tax. Donors may consider making a bequest of cash investments or other assets, all of which would be free of Capital Transfer Tax on death.

Overseas Giving

If you would like to make a donation from overseas you can do so by completing the donation form, which you can download or you can make an electronic bank transfer, which can be arranged by contacting the Development Manager: [email protected].

Gift Aid and Tax Efficient Giving

Gift Aid will not cost you any extra. To read about how and why please read this useful document put together by the Development Manager.

Gift Aid and Tax Efficient Giving Information

Inland Revenue Yearly Repayment

If as a result of your tax assessment the Inland Revenue is required to make a payment to you, the IR offers UK taxpayers the opportunity to nominate a charity to receive what may be an unexpected repayment.

Donate Today

Remembering Truro School Foundation in Your Will

Did you know that you can leave just 1% of your estates value to Truro School Foundation (charity number 1070969) in your Will, leaving the remaining 99% to the people you hold closest. You can of course leave more if you wish to.

If you have already included, or intend to include The Truro School Foundation in your Will, we would be most grateful if you would kindly let us know by completing and returning the pledge form below.  This does not commit you in any way, it simply enables us to respond appropriately.

If you have already made your will it is simple to add a codicil by downloading the form below.

Seeking advice

Whilst we endeavour to ensure all information is correct, we recommend you consult your tax advisor and accountant when considering changes to your financial affairs. You may also refer to the Inland Revenue website at for the latest information on tax-efficient giving.

Gift Aid

By gift aiding your contribution we can reclaim an additional 25p in every £1, making your gift worth even more at no extra cost to you. Please make sure you check the “Gift Aid” box on the donation form if you qualify.



For further information, please contact the Development Office by telephone 01872 246010 or email at [email protected].

What does a Truro School education really mean?
It means a world of difference

Truro School Foundation News

The Truro School Identity

Our school motto, Esse Quam Videri (to be, rather than to seem to be), captures the essence of our identity and is defined by the 5 C's below. Underpinned by strong Christian principles, we are a caring and inclusive community which values, nurtures and develops each individual.

Click on the links below to find out more.