We would love to hear how your Creamy Chicken and Mango Curry turns out, let us know at: [email protected]
8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
2 teaspoons turmeric
1 large mugful/approximately 200g frozen mango chunks, defrosted if you have time
3 – 4 cm piece of fresh ginger
4 tablespoons korma curry paste
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 tablespoons black onion seeds
1 x 400 g can coconut milk
150 mls chicken stock
1. Cut each chicken thigh into 3 – 4 large chunks.
2. Mix together 1 teaspoon of the turmeric with a little salt and rub into the chicken thighs.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large sauté pan and fry the chicken thighs until they are golden brown on all sides. Remove from the pan, place on a plate, and set aside. Do not wash the pan as you will use it later.
4. Peel both onions then chop one and quarter the other.
5. Peel the ginger and chop roughly.
6. Place the quartered onion, ginger and frozen mango into a food processor with the remaining turmeric, curry paste and cumin. Add a little salt then whizz to a paste.
7. Heat another 2 tablespoons of oil in the sauté pan and add the chopped onion. Cook for a few minutes until softened then tip in the mango curry paste with the black onion seeds and cook for 2 – 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
8. Stir in the coconut milk and stock then return the chicken to the pan.
9. Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
10. Remove the lid from the pan and cook for a further 25 – 30 minutes until the chicken is very tender and the sauce is thickened. If the sauce becomes too thick before the chicken is tender add a little more water towards the end of the cooking time.
Apr 28th 2022
Nov 22nd 2021
Nov 22nd 2021
Oct 26th 2021
Truro School is part of the Methodist Independent Schools Trust (MIST)
MIST Registered Office: 66 Lincoln’s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3LH
Charity No. 1142794
Company No. 7649422