For the burgers
500 g fresh minced lamb
1 small onion peeled and cut into quarters
1 slice bread (ideally wholemeal) torn into pieces
Small bunch fresh mint
Small bunch fresh parsley
Salt and pepper
For the tzatziki
150 mls / small pot thick Greek yoghurt
½ teaspoon sugar
1 clove garlic
1 teaspoon readymade mint sauce
A little oil for frying
Little gem lettuce leaves
1. Peel the onion and cut into quarters.
2. Place the onion plus the bread (torn into pieces) into a food processor
3. Remove the tough woody stalks from the herbs and add to the processor. ‘Blitz’ until finely chopped.
4. Add the lamb and seasoning and ‘blitz’ again until everything is thoroughly blended.
5. Carefully remove the mixture from the food processor and divide into six piles on a red board. Shape into burgers, patting the mixture together firmly. Chill in the fridge briefly.
6. For the tzatziki, cut the cucumber in half and scoop out the seeds. Dry the cucumber thoroughly and cut into small dice.
7. Place the cucumber into a bowl and add the yoghurt, sugar and mint.
8. Peel the garlic and crush into the bowl with the yoghurt and cucumber mixture. Mix well to combine all the tzatziki ingredients.
9. Heat the oil in a frying pan or griddle pan and cook the burgers for 10 – 15 minutes until thoroughly cooked. (You can use a BBQ).
10. Serve the burgers in soft rolls with the tzatziki and lettuce leaves
Apr 28th 2022
Nov 22nd 2021
Nov 22nd 2021
Oct 26th 2021