We would love to hear how your White Chocolate Bread and Butter Pudding turns out, let us know at: [email protected]
200 mls full fat milk
200mls double cream
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
75g white chocolate
3 egg yolks
75g caster sugar
6 – 8 slices stale white bread, depending on thickness
1. Place the milk, cream and vanilla essence into a small saucepan and heat until small bubbles appear around the side of the pan.
2. Break the chocolate into small pieces and add to the pan. Stir until the chocolate has melted then leave to cool slightly.
3. Place the egg yolks into a mixing bowl then add the sugar and whisk until the mixture is thick and creamy.
4. Pour the warm milk and cream mixture over and whisk until well combined.
5. Butter the slices of bread and cut each piece into four triangles. You can cut the crusts off if you prefer.
6. Lightly grease a shallow baking dish with a little more butter and lay the bread in the dish in overlapping slices.
7. Carefully pour over the chocolate custard and bake the pudding for 15 minutes, until the custard is just set.
8. Serve warm or cold, with or without cream or custard.
Apr 28th 2022
Nov 22nd 2021
Nov 22nd 2021
Oct 26th 2021
Truro School is part of the Methodist Independent Schools Trust (MIST)
MIST Registered Office: 66 Lincoln’s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3LH
Charity No. 1142794
Company No. 7649422