2 red peppers
6 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
½ teaspoon dried oregano
4 medium tomatoes
1 very small red onion
1 bag washed watercress
12 black olives
200 g feta cheese
2 sprigs fresh oregano
2 sprigs fresh mint
Salt and black pepper
1. Blacken the skins of the peppers using a gas flame or under a hot grill.
2. Place the blackened peppers in a bowl and cover with cling film. Leave to cool.
3. Whisk the olive oil and lemon juice together, stir in the dried oregano and season with a little salt and pepper.
4. Peel the skins from the peppers, remove and discard the seeds and cores and cut into bite sized pieces. Pour the dressing over the peppers, stir to mix and leave to marinate.
5. Deseed the cucumber then chop into chunks.
6. Halve the tomatoes, remove the tough cores and chop into similar sized chunks to the cucumber.
7. Slice the onion very thinly.
8. Assemble the salad on a large serving plate or in individual bowls, placing the watercress at the bottom then scattering the cucumber, tomatoes, red onion and olives over the top.
9. Crumble the feta cheese into largish chunks and scatter these over the top.
10. Remove the leaves from the mint and oregano, roughly chop then scatter these over the top of the feta cheese.
11. Spoon the marinated peppers over the top, then season with black pepper before serving.