We would love to hear how your BBQ Chicken With Chilli Lime Coleslaw turns out, let us know at: [email protected]
For the chicken
3 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon ground ginger
6 – 8 chicken joints, depending on size
For the chilli lime coleslaw
2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
Salt and pepper to season
¼ to ½ red or white cabbage, depending on size
4 spring onions
1. Peel and crush the garlic and place in a shallow dish with the tomato ketchup, soy sauce, honey and ginger. Mix well.
2. Place the chicken into the marinade and mix until the chicken is thoroughly coated. Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 200c (or use a BBQ!).
4. Meanwhile place the sweet chilli sauce and mayonnaise into a large mixing bowl.
5. Juice the lime and add to the bowl with salt and pepper to taste. Mix the dressing ingredients together.
6. Remove the tough stalk and outer leaves from the cabbage and shred finely.
7. Trim and peel the spring onions and shred finely.
8. Peel and coarsely grate the carrot.
9. Place the prepared cabbage, spring onions and carrot into the bowl with the dressing and mix to combine thoroughly.
10. Remove the chicken from the marinade and place onto a baking tin lined with foil. Drizzle over a little of the BBQ marinade and place in the oven. Cook for 20 – 25 minutes.
11. Remove the chicken from the oven and turn over, drizzling over a little more of the remaining marinade. Return the chicken to the oven and throw away any remaining marinade (as it will have raw chicken juices in it).
12.When the chicken is thoroughly cooked remove from the oven and serve with the coleslaw.
Mar 16th 2023
Mar 14th 2023
Mar 3rd 2023
Mar 2nd 2023
Truro School is part of the Methodist Independent Schools Trust (MIST)
MIST Registered Office: 66 Lincoln’s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3LH
Charity No. 1142794
Company No. 7649422