One of the main roles of Truro School Sixth Form is to set students up for the rest of their lives; working with our thriving and supportive community we have developed TSConnected.
A professional and social network of past and present students, parents, staff and governors working together to offer students life changing opportunities, TSConnected encourages every member of the Sixth Form to enjoy and benefit from their association with the Truro School Community. Students may benefit from:
· Careers Advice and Links – gain insight into your preferred employment sector and develop personal networks
· Mock Interviews – gain more experience ready for university and/or employment interviews
· Work shadowing – spend time with a professional gaining a brilliant insight into that particular job role or sector of employment
· Lecture Series – hear from those at different points of the career ladder, just setting out and those who have years of experience
· CV techniques – have your CV checked by those recruiting into your chosen career path
Many alumni return to visit the Sixth Form, ready to inspire our current students though talks and workshops, often offering personalised advice whilst here. Our alumni also play an essential role in delivering our Medical Pathways Programme.
TSConnected is as important in shaping the achievements of our younger alumni as it is in helping them towards their next steps at 18.
Recent Alumni are encouraged to make use of TSConnected, through the Development Office and are invited to Networking events in London and Bristol. These play an essential role in bringing members of our community together and provide a platform for professional and social networking long after a student has left the Sixth Form.
If you are an alumni, former or current parent and would like to join our network of contacts across the globe, please click here.