Sixth Form Open Evening 2018
With top inspection grades and over two-thirds of results A*-B at A-Level, find out how Truro School Sixth Form could be the springboard to your successful future at our upcoming open evening.
Open Evening Information
You are invited to attend an Open Evening between 5:00pm and 8:00pm at Truro School on Tuesday 25 September. Find out how Truro School Sixth Form can set you up for life through talking to teachers and students in your subject areas.
Arrivals on the Open Evening are flexible, however it is recommended that you turn up no later than 7:00pm to give you enough time to get a real taste of what Truro School Sixth Form has to offer. Advanced bookings are not required.
There will be the opportunity to visit each subject, where the Head of Department will be happy to answer any questions you have. Take the opportunity to see what sort of thing you could expect from life at Truro School’s Sixth Form and talk to current students in a relaxed environment.
Free parking will be available as well as food and refreshments in the Cafe.
in Further Maths
In Business Studies
A Snapshot of University Applications
+% of the Sixth Form's UK university applicants secured places at Russell Group universities
Request a reminder
5 Reasons to Join Truro School Sixth Form
- in 2017 our Sixth Form leavers achieved a 99% pass rate.
- 41% of all exams were graded A* – A. The national average is 26%.
- 98% of our Sixth Form leavers secured a place at their first or insurance choice university.
- Access to academic mentors who check your progress weekly and will arrange support and intervention if appropriate.
- A highly personalised careers service. Our experienced Careers Team are always on hand to provide guidance and advice, helping you make the right choices about your future.
- Our Sixth Form team includes the Head of Lower Sixth, the Head of Upper Sixth, a Sixth Form Administrator, a Head of University Applications, Head of Careers, Head of Academic Scholars and the Overseas University Coordinator.
- Take advantage of the following on-site facilities.
The Sir Ben Ainslie Sports Centre – one of the biggest in Cornwall with a double indoor sports hall, fencing salle, swimming pool, fitness suite, studio classes, squash and badminton courts.
Burrell Theatre – a working 180 seat theatre with regular performances from a number of professional theatre companies, e.g. Miracle Theatre and Pipeline.
Heseltine Gallery – a dedicated gallery space hosting a programme of workshops and exhibitions from professional artists as well as offering our Art and Design students their own exhibition space.
- Over 60 musical events a year with the support of over 35 professional musicians.
- A variety of trips – for fun; to support your studies; to push your comfort zone; and expand your horizons including Russia, the World Challenge to Ecuador and Surfing in Portugal.
- Space on campus just for the Sixth Form including a Café, Common Room, and ICT study suite.
- Your Head of Year stays with you for the two years giving you continuity and consistency in support and guidance.
- Truro School has achieved ‘Excellent’ across both standards in the latest inspection, the best possible grades.
What the inspectors said…
“Pupils are well supported in their choices for the next steps and are encouraged to consider a wide range of options, including apprenticeships where appropriate”.
“Almost all pupils move on to their first or second choice university in a wide range of subjects.”
“In the Sixth Form, results in the Extended Project Qualification were excellent in 2017. Pupils’ work included building a radio-powered sailing boat; preparing for a fashion show; writing, creating and directing their own musical; and more traditional extended essays on a wide variety of topics.”
Headmaster Andrew Gordon Brown will be giving a welcome talk throughout the evening, alongside Co-Heads of Sixth Form Lucy Jupp and Ross Williamson and the Head Boy and Head Girl who will be talking about their experience of life at Truro School
You do not need to book a place for the open evening, just feel free to turn up and explore!
Should you have any questions beforehand, please contact Emma Williams on email@example.com or 01872 246062.