For those applying to Oxford or Cambridge we have a designated member of staff who supports you through this particular application system.
With individualised preparation for tests and interviews, we ensure that you are completely ready to grasp the process and increase your chances of success.
Requests to Oxford and Cambridge (Oxbridge) Universities must be started much earlier than other universities. The deadline is early and we need to ensure you are prepared for the rigorous application process.
What We Offer
- Suggested super curricular activities provided from 5th Year upwards.
- Students can opt to join an email group, which share all useful information about the application process.
- Dedicated area of the Careers Room to provide them with info about the jobs, and advice practise for admissions test. Truro School is actually an exam centre for all admissions tests so students can take the exam on site.
- Introductory talk for 5th Year and Lower Sixth students and their parents.
- One-to-one meetings with Ms Collinge.
- Arranged trips to University Open Days at Cambridge and Oxford.
- Attend a UCAS convention in March/April of your Lower Sixth, where over 100 different universities are present.
- Focused help with preparing UCAS personal statement with Ms Collinge.
- Mock interviews with staff at Truro School and at other Sixth Forms in the local area.
- Continued career support after leaving Truro School, with the 3-year support programme carried out by Head of Careers, Nancy Kenward.
Mock Interview Process
During the Upper Sixth there will be workshops focused on preparation for the interview process. Internal mock interviews are arranged with relevant subject teachers at school. We also work closely with local Heads of Sixth Form to provide external mock interviews to give you a more authentic experience.