World Action in Methodist Schools is a program that unites the family of 14 Methodist Schools to which Truro School belongs, in the desire to look beyond themselves to the needs of the local and wider community.
World Aims 2016
For World Aims 2016 our students studied survival challenges. Over two days they learnt about the difficulties surrounding post-event natural disasters such as earthquakes and tsunamis, surviving without basic shelter and clean water.
World Aims 2015
The theme for World Aims 2015 was human rights with students participating in a range of workshops including music, protest art, expressive poetry and sports games.
What is World Aims?
The aim of World Action in Methodist Schools is to facilitate the increased understanding that, as a school and as individuals, we have a role and responsibility as citizens in a global village. At Truro School, pupils are encouraged to join or support the various activities run within the World Aims Program.
- Charity Days arranged by the Charity Committee, as well as each form having an allocated charity week to support a charity of their choice
- Fair Trade Fortnight and Environmental Awareness
- Oversees Partnerships – Truro School is linked with the Sella Community in Sierra Leone and with Bethany School in Uganda
- The campaigns run by the Truro School Amnesty International Committee
- The World Aims Days at the end of each academic year