Leiths Pop Up Cookery School
Budding bakers and fantastic foodies – step this way!
We are delighted to announce that we will be partnering with the famous Leiths School of Food and Wine to offer a Pop-Up Cookery School this autumn half term (Monday 22 – Friday 26 October 2018), with day or weekly courses available.
Launched by Prue Leith and Caroline Waldegrave in 1975, Leiths has an international reputation for first class culinary training. The buzzing West London School has turned out dozens of famous names, from Channel 4’s Gizzi Erskine to Saturday Kitchen’s Matt Tebbutt.
In their first course for Truro School, The Cornish Complete Cook, you will work with top quality local ingredients and learn how to really bring out the flavours.
From locally caught lemon sole with homemade hollandaise sauce to the lightest cheesy pastries made with quince and Cornish Yarg, our step-by-step tuition will destress cooking forever.
From knife skills to bread making, you will learn many of the fundamental skills you need to eat well and cook creatively, opening up a whole world of delicious, nutritious and luxurious recipes.
The Cornish Complete Cook will run from 9:30am – 3:00pm from the 22 to the 26 October 2018 and is for over 18 years only. To book a single day or the whole week, please complete a booking form and submit. Cost: £135 per day.
Please note, the deadline for booking is 15 October.
Monday 22 October Fancy knife work and supper dishes
- Celeriac and apple remoulade
- Fennel and black pepper roasted pork belly
- Fennel salad with blood orange, watercress and black olives
- Za’atar crusted prawns with bulgur wheat and herb salad
- Heritage tomato salad served with griddle halloumi
Sponsored by Nisbets
Tuesday 23 October Meat prep with Middle Eastern Spices
- Harissa lamb with spinach and chickpeas
- Sumac chicken
- Avocado Fattoush
- Spiced chickpea flat bread
- Moroccan lamb tagine
Wednesday 24 October Catch of the day
- Pollock with skordalia and pine nut vinagarette
- Pan fried squid with chickpea, tomato, olive and chilli salad
- Moules Mariniere
- Clams with beer and sweet paprika
Sponsored by Fish for Thought
Thursday 25 October Perfect pastry and simple puds
- Pear and almond tart
- Leek and mushroom gougere
- Almond Pannacotta
- Aubergine and panch phoran pie
Sponsored by Provenance Brands
Friday 26 October Weekend baking
- St Austell Tribute Ale beer bread
- Victoria Sandwich
- Quince and Cornish Yarg pastries
- Fresh butter
- Clotted cream shortbread with Chocolate/Hazelnuts/Orange
Sponsored by Tribute Ale
To book a single day or the whole week, please complete a booking form and submit.
Cost: £135 per day.
Please note that this course is only available to ages 18+