Independent School in Cornwall for Students Aged 3-18
Here at Truro School we believe that education is about so much more than excellent exam results, as important as these are.
Our mission is to be a beacon of inclusive excellence developing confident, tolerant and enthusiastic young people who enjoy working with others and are ready to influence the world.
Facts & Figures
Established in 1880, Truro School now stretches across two sites: Truro Prep School, based near Treliske Hospital, and Truro School, just off Trafalgar Roundabout in Truro.
Stats and Facts
- 1 in 3 students play a musical instrument.
- Truro Prep school has a forested area where registered forest school teachers regularly hold lessons.
- 1 in 7 students compete at regional, national and international level in sport.
- Biggest Duke of Edinburgh centre in the South-West.
- With over 60 concerts/ensembles per year, Truro School has one of the most active music departments in the South-West.
- In 2018, over half of all grades awarded at GCSE were A* or A, with nearly one quarter at the top A* standard.
- In 2019, Truro School’s Sixth Form was identified as a leading co-ed A Level provider in Cornwall.
- Vibrant and diverse boarding community with over 10 different nationalities.
- 4 boarding houses: Pentreve (Junior Girls), Poltisco (Junior Boys), Trennick (Senior Boys) and Malvern (Senior Girls).