The Cornwall Schools Sailing Regatta is held at Restronguet Creek each year. The overall Schools Trophy is calculated by the highest three places from any one school, each from a different boat class.
Last year Truro School lost to Falmouth School after Truro’s 4 year winning streak. But this year on Wednesday 24 June Truro School won back the overall Sailing Trophy with a decisive victory.
Congratulations for podium placements go to:
• Finn 1J – 1st in the single-handed Laser Class
• Charlie 3M – 2nd in the single-handed Laser Class
• Joe 2K – 3rd in the single-handed Laser Class
Also worthy of note is Warwick 3H, who came 4th in his class.
Further single-handed victories were from:
• Rufus 2J – who came 1st in the Optimist class, another single-handed victory
• Max who came 2nd in the single-handed Pico class
In the two-person categories we had:
• Max and Kit – placed 2nd in their double-handed Feva class
• Henry 1L, and Amy B 1H, – placed 3rd in the same double-handed Feva class
The following Truro School sailors are also deserving of praise for their great contribution to our enthusiastic representation on the day:
• 1st Years Jess and Olivia in the double Pico
• and 4th Years Oliver and Tobi.