Have you ever considered studying abroad?
On Friday 9 October at 1.15pm Truro School hosts is first ever Overseas University Fair. With careers experts and university professionals flying in from the US, Europe and Australia, this event is an opportunity to ask questions about studying abroad and to make plans for your future.
Did you know?
- Last year over 10,000 British students moved to the US to study at university.
- 52 of the Top 200 Universities in the World can be found in Europe.
- In the Republic of Ireland there are zero tuition fees for EU nationals (+£2500 for lifestyle, gym etc).
- 65% of employers favour applicants with overseas work experience.
With tough competition for university placements in the UK, more and more students are considering their Further Education overseas. The opportunities abroad are vast and varied, with often lower or no tuition fees as well as the opportunity to combine a top degree with the unique experience of living abroad in a new country.
At the Overseas University Fair we answer questions such as:
- What are the benefits of studying abroad?
- Where can I study for free?
- Which countries have language barriers?
- What do employers think about recruiting graduates that have studied overseas?
- How can I access funding abroad?
Book Your Place
To book your place at this event, please email Nic Sheriff, Events Manager or call 01872 246039.
How to Find Us
Address: Truro School, Trennick Lane, Truro, TR1 1TH, Cornwall.
Timetable of Events
The afternoon is made up of a large international exhibition area and four optional 20 minute seminars on the topic of studying in the US:
|Study Abroad Fair – Timetable|
|1:15pm||Exhibitor Area Opens|
|1.20pm – 1.40pm||Studying in the US – Matthew Uffindell, Greene’s Tutorial, Oxford.|
|1:40pm – 2:00pm||SATs are changing in 2016: What You Need To Know – Jonathan Oldham, StudyUS|
|2.00pm – 2:20pm||Sports Scholarships to American Universities – Rob Thomas, Sporting Elite USA|
|2:20pm – 2:40pm||Financial Aid in the US – Janet Irons, Harvard University|
|2.25pm – 3.00pm||Refreshments and Exhibition|
A full list of the exhibitors can be found here.