On Wednesday of last week, the U16 side played a strong Richard Lander team in the cup. They defeated them for the first time in several years by a score of 19-7, to progress to the next round.
The other junior sides played against Penryn College with the following results;
- U12 won 50-17
- U13 won 53-7
- U14 won 50-0
- U15 won 50-0
Last Saturday saw one of the largest block rugby fixtures we have in our rugby calendar, as 200 boys played in 11 matches against Blundell’s; traditionally one of our toughest opponents.
- The 1st XV lost a tight, hard-fought encounter 11-7
- The 2nd XV lost 43-12, however this did not reflect the game. The relatively inexperienced 2nds continue to improve with every game.
- The U16A’s continued in their winning ways to record another superb victory by 26-14
- The U16B’s also won 38-24 in a closely fought match which was even at half time
- The U15A’s lost 26-7 but produced a spirited 2nd half performance
- The U15B’s won 17-12 in a game where rugged defense was the key to success
- The U14A’s also defended magnificently to record a 22-17 win
- The U14 B side fought hard in their 40-0 defeat
- The U13A side was winning 19-7 until seven minutes of the 2nd half, when the game was sadly abandoned due to an injury to a player
- The U13B side won 53-19 in an open and spirited game
- The U12 side played well and with lots of heart but lost 22-5
With five wins, five losses and one match abandoned, it was honours even in an excellent weekend of rugby for the school. We look forward to this Saturday and matches against Taunton School for the U14/15/16 and Senior sides.