Netball Summary – Week beginning Monday 7 December

Under 13 vs Farmor’s School, Gloucester in the National School Sport Magazine Cup: Won 26-20


The Under 13 squad travelled to Farmor’s on Monday. It was a long journey but after a good warm up the girls took to the court. It was a very closely contested game with lots of unforced errors by both teams. Truro were ahead for all the game but had to work incredibly hard to maintain their lead. Farmor’s had a large number of supporters who made lots of noise; Truro with just their coach and three subs trying to support and motivate the girls in a very small hall. Truro played some very mature netball, with every player giving their all. Rosie Bartlett was voted player of the match by the opposition. Truro will now play Beaconsfield High School or Ascot away in the last 8 in the country.


Under 15 vs Cwm Rhymni, Wales in the National School Sport Magazine Cup: Won 42-20


The Under 15s squad travelled to Wales (with the Under 13 rugby boys, who also played in the equivalent competition for them). After a long journey the girls had a fabulous warm up and were up for the challenge. Truro dominated from the start and held a 13-4 lead after the first quarter, with Anais and Alice shooting superbly. The second two quarters were a lot closer (8-7 and 9-6), therefore the team was left unchanged to face the final quarter. Truro really upped their game and played much more controlled netball; also focussing on stopping the opposition driving down the court (score 12-3).  Another fantastic win, joining the Under 13s in reaching the last eight in the country. The Under 15s will face either Beaconsfield High or Queen Anne’s, away in the next round. Alice Bebb was voted player of the match by the opposition.


Under 18 vs Helston: Lost 21-34


With Lily and Lauren both unavailable and Rianna needing to leave at half time, Truro fielded a much changed defensive line up. Unfortunately Truro gave Helston far too much space. Helston passed the ball too freely without any pressure on their passes. It took until the last quarter for Truro to dominate. (8-7)