Children in Need
Any visitors to Truro Prep last Friday 18th November will have been struck by the spots that were literally everywhere as we set about our ‘Big Spotacular Day’ that was all about raising money for Children in Need. The children set themselves a target: they wanted to raise £500 to donate to the charity. We heard the amazing news in Tuesday’s assembly that we had smashed that target – and, in fact, had raised over £700! Many thanks to our School Council for their superb organisation and for driving this forward to such a successful end. In the evening, parents and friends arrived for the Quiz and Curry Night which was another success – the biggest ever, so I am told.
Photo above: Art’s spotty elephant raised over £85 for Children in Need with students paying £1 each to paint a spot on him.
During the first half term of this academic year, our focus in assemblies has been on what it means to respect each other and how we treat one another at Truro Prep School. This second half term we have focused on the importance of manners in different areas of the school; this includes manners around the school, in lessons and in the dining room. We hope that these approaches become ‘second nature’ to all and would appreciate any feedback on how we are doing.
This is a reminder of some key dates that are coming up over the next three weeks as the festive season approaches. We would love to welcome as many members of our community to these events as can make it:
- 1st December: Year 5 Production ‘Live from Bethlehem’ @ 6:30pm, Assembly Hall
- 2nd December: Years 1 and 2 Christingle Service @ 2:30pm, Pre-Prep Hall
- 8th December: Nine Lessons and Carols @ 7:30pm, Truro Cathedral
- 9th December: FTS Christmas Fair (set up from 1:30pm) @ 3:00pm, Dining Room
- 13th December: Christmas Concert ‘A Cornish Christmas’ Years 3 – 6 @ 6:30pm, Sports Hall (Please join us for refreshments in the Dining Room from 6:00pm).