Save the Date
On Tuesday 10 November, Truro School and Truro Cathedral will hosting a Be A Chorister For A Day event.
Girls have the chance to experience life as a Chorister for one day, from morning rehearsal through to school lessons and finally a short service of Evensong when they will have the chance to sing with the Cathedral Choir.
What are the benefits of being a chorister?
- Performing music by great composers with an outstanding choir directed by specialist professional musicians in one of the South West’s finest buildings.
- Taking part in live broadcasts for television and radio, CD recordings and foreign tours.
- Receiving scholarships and bursaries to support an education at Truro School.
- Developing leadership skills in a supportive environment with a great deal of individual attention.
- Working as part of a close team with a special purpose and a strong sense of identity.
Who can attend?
Recruitment into the Girls’ Choir at Truro Cathedral starts at Year 9. Girls who will be starting Years 8 or 9 in September 2016 are therefore invited to attend our Be a Chorister for a Day event.
How to book your place
Places on the Be a Girl Chorister for a Day event are limited and booking in advance is required.
To reserve your place, please contact our Director of Admissions, Jayne Grigg or call Truro School on 01872 272763.
Audio: Girl Chorister Evensong – 15 October 2015
To hear an example of the girl choristers’ work and to discover what you could aspire to, please listen to their recent performance below:
Scholarships and Bursaries – Further Information
If you would like to know more about being a Girl Chorister with Truro School and Truro Cathedral, please view our brochure. (PDF)