A Level Results
Latest A Level Results from Truro School's Private Sixth Form
A Level students celebrate 99.7% pass rate.
A Level Results Summary 2016
- Our Upper Sixth achieved a 99.7% pass rate, with an average of 3.1 full A Level passes per student.
- Over one-third of all grades were A* or A, with nearly two-thirds of grades between A* and B.
- Straight A*/A grades were obtained by 14% of our students.
- An outstanding full marks were achieved by two students in Maths A Level and another student in Geology.
- Maths, Physics and Modern Foreign Languages have done particularly well with approximately 75% of students achieving A*-B.
- Creative and Performing Arts also continue to excel with more than 75% of our students achieving A*-B in the subjects of Art, Drama, Design Technology and Music.
- Similarly, our Humanities subjects continue to impress with History gaining 79% grades A*-B and 77% of RS (Philosophy & Ethics) grades at A*-B.
Truro School Headmaster, Andrew Gordon-Brown, said:
“I am delighted to see so many smiles and tears of joy in our Sixth Form Common Room today. These results are the culmination of two years of dedication from our students and indeed everyone involved with Truro School.
What has impressed me the most is some of the individual achievements in our Sixth Form, not just from the 15 students who achieved three A*/A’s or better, but also those students who have excelled in specialist areas, many performing above expectations. There are also a number of triumphs for students for whom more modest grades are a real success story.
When focusing on academic subjects there are strong performances across a broad spectrum; Maths, Physics and Modern Foreign Languages have done particularly well with approximately 75% of students achieving A*-B. A very similar picture is evident in the Humanities with History and Religious Studies.
The results in the Creative and Performing Arts arena continue to excel here at Truro School with more than 75% of our students achieving A*-B in the subjects of Art, Drama, Design Technology and Music.
I have also been impressed with our stellar performance in the Extended Project Qualification (EPQ), a subject which represents an optional extra A-Level qualification that allows pupils to study any topic of interest during their two years in the Sixth Form. I am over the moon to see that a phenomenal 79% of projects were graded A*-A in the EPQ. This is a great celebration of the individuality of our students that we embrace so much here at Truro School
A Level Results Summary
Sixth Form Course Guide