Get a flavour of what Truro School’s Sixth Form has to offer at our upcoming open evening.
You are invited to attend an Open Evening between 5:00pm and 8:00pm at Truro School on Wednesday 28 September. Get a flavour of the Sixth Form and talk to teachers and students in your subject areas in a relaxed environment.
Truro School has over 200 students studying their A Levels in the Sixth Form – not only from Cornwall, but the rest of the UK and overseas.
Arrivals on the Open Evening are flexible, however it is recommended that you turn up no later than 6:30pm to give you enough time to get a real taste of what Truro School Sixth Form has to offer. Advanced bookings not required.
Video: Sixth Form Life at Truro School
Your Big Decision
You are about to decide where to study for your A Levels. It’s a big decision: first you need to think about what type of career is best for you, then you want to achieve the best grades.
4 Reasons to Join Truro School Sixth Form
- Space on campus just for the Sixth Form including a Café, Common Room, and ICT study suite.
- Your Head of Year stays with you for the two years giving you continuity and consistency in support and guidance.
- Access to academic mentors who check your progress weekly and will arrange support and intervention if appropriate.
- A highly personalised careers service. Our experienced Careers Team are always on hand to provide guidance and advice, helping you make the right choices about your future.
- Our Sixth Form team includes the Head of Lower Sixth, the Head of Upper Sixth, a Sixth Form Administrator, a Head of University Applications, Head of Careers, Head of Academic Scholars and the Overseas University Co-ordinator.
- Take advantage of the following on-site facilities:
The Sir Ben Ainslie Sports Centre
One of the biggest in Cornwall with a double indoor sports hall, fencing salle, swimming pool, fitness suite, studio classes, squash and badminton courts.
A working 200 seat theatre with regular performances from a number of professional theatre companies, e.g. Miracle Theatre and Pipeline.
A dedicated gallery space hosting a programme of workshops and exhibitions from professional artists as well as offering our Art and Design students their own exhibition space.
- Over 60 musical events a year with the support of over 35 professional musicians
- A variety of trips – for fun; to support your studies; to push your comfort zone and expand your horizons including Russia, Slovenia, the World Challenge to Ecuador and the Geology trip to Tenerife to name just a few.
- This year our Sixth Form leavers achieved a 99.7% pass rate.
- Over one-third of all grades were A* or A, with nearly two-thirds of grades between A* and B.
- An outstanding full marks were achieved by two students in Maths A Level and another student in Geology.
- Straight A*/A grades were obtained by 14% of our 113-strong cohort.