Independent School in Cornwall for Students Aged 3-18
Here at Truro School we believe that education is about so much more than excellent exam results, as important as these are.
Our mission is to be a beacon of inclusive excellence developing confident, tolerant and enthusiastic young people who enjoy working with others and are ready to influence the world.
Facts & Figures
Established in 1880, Truro School now stretches across two sites: Truro Prep School, based near Treliske Hospital, and Truro School, just off Trafalgar Roundabout in Truro.
|Pre-Prep School (Nursery – Year 2)||80 Pupils|
|Prep School (Years 3 – 6)||160 Pupils|
|Senior School (Years 7 – 11)||590 Pupils|
|Sixth Form (Years 12 – 13)||200 Pupils|
Stats and Facts
- 1 in 3 students play a musical instrument.
- Truro Prep school has a forested area where registered forest school teachers regularly hold lessons.
- 1 in 7 students compete at regional, national and international level in sport.
- Biggest Duke of Edinburgh centre in the South-West.
- With over 60 concerts/ensembles per year, Truro School has one of the most active music departments in the South-West.
- In 2015, over half of all grades awarded at GCSE were A* or A, with nearly one quarter at the top A* standard.
- At A-Level, 77% of all exams were graded A*, A or B with an overall pass rate of 99.7%.
- Vibrant and diverse boarding community with over 10 different nationalities.
- 4 boarding houses: Pentreve (Junior Boys), Poltisco (Junior Girls), Trennick (Senior Boys) and Malvern (Senior Girls).