Your Big Decision
You are about to decide where to study for your A Levels. It’s a big decision: first you need to think about what type of career is best for you, then you want to achieve the best grades.
Truro School has over 200 students studying their A Levels in the Sixth Form – not only from Cornwall, but the rest of the UK and overseas.
Sixth Form Open Evening
You are invited to attend an Open Evening between 5:00pm and 8:00pm at Truro School on Wednesday 30 September. Get a flavour of the Sixth Form and talk to teachers and students in your subject areas in a relaxed environment.
Arrivals are flexible however it is recommended that you turn up no later than 6:30pm to give you enough time to get a real taste of what Truro School Sixth Form has to offer. Advanced bookings not required.
To find out what is happening during the Open Evening, please have a look at the flyer: Sixth Form Open Evening Information Leaflet.
4 Reasons to Join Truro School Sixth Form
- Space on campus just for the Sixth Form including a Sixth Form Café, Common Room, and ICT study suite.
- Your Head of Year stays with you for the two years giving you continuity and consistency in support and guidance.
- Access to academic mentors who check your progress weekly and will arrange support and intervention if appropriate.
- A highly personalised careers service. Our experienced Careers Team are always on hand to provide guidance and advice, helping you make the right choices about your future.
- Our Sixth Form team includes the Head of Lower Sixth, the Head of Upper Sixth, a Sixth Form Administrator, a Head of University Applications, Head of Careers, Head of Academic Scholars and the Overseas University Co-ordinator.
- Take advantage of the following on-site facilities:
- – one of the biggest in Cornwall with a double indoor sports hall, fencing salle, swimming pool, fitness suite, studio classes, squash and badminton courts.
- – a working 200 seat theatre with regular performances from a number of professional theatre companies, e.g. Miracle Theatre and Pipeline.
- – a dedicated gallery space hosting a programme of workshops and exhibitions from professional artists as well as offering our Art and Design students their own exhibition space.
- Over 60 musical events a year with the support of over 35 professional musicians
- A variety of trips – for fun; to support your studies; to push your comfort zone; and expand your horizons including Russia, the World Challenge to Ecuador and Geology trip to Tenerife.
- In 2015 our Sixth Form leavers achieved a 99.7% pass rate.
- 77% of all exams were graded A*, A or B (an increase on the 73% achieved in 2014).
- 95% of our 2015 Sixth Form leavers secured a place at their first or insurance choice university.
Sixth Form Prospectus
Find out more about our A level offerings in the digital version of our Sixth Form Guide 2016/17 (PDF, 16MB).
Truro School are now offering a range of scholarships. To find out more please visit our scholarships page.
2015 A Level Results
For all of the facts and figures, please see our latest A level results data.
Contact Details & Address
Postal Address: Truro School, Trennick Lane, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 1TH, UK.
Phone: 01872 272763