Privacy & Cookies
Truro School is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Truro School may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1/10/2013
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Cookies enable us to check the number of visitors to the various parts of our website. We promise that we collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone, make no attempt to find out the identities of anyone visiting our site and we do not associate any data with any personally identifying information. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will always explain what we intend to do with it.
What are cookies?
- A cookie is a text file that identifies your computer to the Truro School website.
- Cookies do not identify the individual user, just the computer used.
- Cookies are not used to collect any personal information.
If you accept cookies, they may remain on your computer for many years, unless you delete them. Please note that turning off cookies may limit your use of our website and website services.
Cookies we use
Google Analytics –
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. You can read the Overview of privacy at Google.
Google Remarketing –
Similar to Google Analytics, these cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. However, we use this information to tailor useful reminders and appropriate marketing messages through Google’s carefully selected web advertising partners. Following a visit to the Truro School website, you might occasionally see promotions advertising such things as open mornings and scholarship opportunities.
Crazy Egg –
Truro School is a Crazy Egg client.
We use this analysis service to obtain information regarding how www.truroschool.com site visitors are interacting with the Truro School website (“Visitor Information”). This service allows Truro School to evaluate and potentially modify the www.truroschool.com website based on its findings.
For more information, please visit: https://www.crazyegg.com/privacy/
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics and Google Remarketing, please visit: https://www.google.com/settings/u/0/ads/authenticated
To opt out of being tracked by Crazy Egg, please visit: https://www.crazyegg.com/opt-out/
Cookie Name Description
Session PHPSESSID Set by the site to track data during the session such as whether the visitor is logged in
Google Analytics _utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form only.